Female Students Perceptions on The Effect of Country of Origin, Brand Ambassador on Purchase Intentions: A Study on The Geographical Origin of Tokopedia ECommerce Company, Indonesia
Keywords:Country Of Origin, Brand Ambassador, Advertising Campaign, Purchase Intention
This study aims to analyze the effect of country of origin (also referred to as geographical location), brand ambassadors, and advertising campaigns towards purchase intention of visitor at Tokopedia.com website. The data source of this research is primary data from the sample from student of Widyatama University who has visited the Tokopedia.com website. And the data collection was performed using purposive sampling by distributing questionnaires to 100 respondents. Data has been processed using multiple linear regression tests. The results of this study indicate that: (1) country of origin (or geographical location) has no significant effect on purchase intention Tokopedia website visitors (2) brand ambassadors have a significant effect on purchase intention of Tokopedia website visitors (3) advertising campaigns have a significant effect on purchase intention of Tokopedia website visitors (4) country of origin, brand ambassadors, and advertising campaigns simultaneously have a significant effect on purchase intention in Tokopedia.com visitors. Based on the coefficient of determination, the effect of the independent variable on purchase intention is 68%, and the remaining 32% is influenced by other variables not mentioned in this research. Hence, the students from different locations studying in the Widyatama University were found to have same intention regardless of their geographical location of origin.